We'll help you get quotes
The flow rate of gases and liquids in a system is measured through using a flow metre called a rotameter and it can be easily purchased through a Rotameter supplier. A float that floats up and down with the flow of the fluid is contained inside a tapered tube, which is often constructed of glass or plastic. The fluid flowing through the tube exerts a force on the float, which causes it to rise or fall. The float is fashioned like a cone or cylinder, fluid flow rate is shown by the position of the float within the tube. The rotameter utilises the variable area flow measurement theory, in which the position of the float causes a change in the flow passage's area. When there is no flow, the float is at the bottom of the tube, which is broader there.
There is a pressure loss across the tube as a result of the float rising and the flow passage area decreasing as the flow rate rises. The relationship between the float's height and fluid flow rate is linear. Rotameters are inexpensive, dependable instruments used to monitor flow rates in a variety of applications, also they are frequently employed in fields where precise flow rate measurements are essential for effective operation, including chemical processing, water treatment, and HVAC systems. Rotameters can be used with a range of liquids and gases and are simple to install and maintain.
There are many advantages of a Rota Meter which is easily available in the market and also can be purchased through Glass Tube Rotameter Manufacturers are mentioned below-
1. Cost Effective- Rotameters are a common option for many applications since they are typically more affordable than other flow monitoring tools.
2. Low-Maintenance- Since there are no moving parts that can break or need to be replaced frequently in rotameters, that’s why they require very little maintenance.
3. Wide Application- Rotameters have a variety of uses, including measuring liquid and gas flow in sectors like the chemical-based, medicinal products petroleum and natural gas, and water treatment industries.
Some of the common use of Rota Meter which can be easily purchased through a gravity Rotameter Manufacturers in India are mentioned below-
1. Chemical Industry- For monitoring the flow rate of various chemicals and fluids, rotameters are frequently employed in the chemical industry.
2. Water Treatment Plants- Rotameters are used in water treatment facilities to gauge the flow rates of the chemicals and water that are pumped through the system.
3. Pharmaceutical Industries- The flow rate of different fluids and chemicals used in the manufacture of medications is measured using rotameters in the pharmaceutical industry.
4. Food and Beverage Industry- The flow rate of different liquids and gases used in the manufacturing process is measured in the food and beverage sector using rotameters
5. Power Plants- The flow rate of various liquids and gases involved in the process of generating electricity is measured in power plants using rotameter.
6. Petrochemical Industries- Flow rate of different chemicals and fluids used in the production process is measured in the petrochemical sector using rotameters.